Subject: Re: [Leica] GeeBees' PAW Week 28
From: Allan Wafkowski <allanwafkowski@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 00:55:48 -0400

You crazy, wild sinner! This shot is straight-on Pictorialism and I love
it.

Years ago, when pictorialism was gong out of fashion, being replaced
with newspaper photography (a.k.a. documentary photography), this type
of composition would have been called contrived. One would hope that in
today's climate of distorted plastic lenses, uneven horizontals without
purpose, out-of-focus images, gratuitous fat asses as subjects, and the
other "arty" things that make the current stockpot of modern
photography, there are none foolish enough to criticize a very well done
pictorialist image. Actually, what makes it fun is that those self-same
foolish people are at the rudder of photography at this very moment. My
only hope is that you will title it. If only to see the old farts'
blood-o-pumping.

Allan

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] GeeBees' PAW Week 28)
Reply from "Doug Lee" <drlee9@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] GeeBees' PAW Week 28)