Subject: [Leica] RE: M7
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 01:12:31 +0200

I've started yesterday, after comig back home, shooting my new M7. In some
weeks I'll put some of the pictures in my web site if some of them does it
worth. But my first film was used in a very particular test. I loaded Sensia
II chrome, which does not allow light mistakes,  and I shooted the whole
film F1:8, lenses on hyperfocal and "every" picture just on point and shoot
manner. I didn't even select the point where the ligh had to be chosen, just
point and shoot exactly like the most dumb tourist. Guess what? Every
picture was metered dead on! And this with 12mm, 21mm, 28mm, 50mm and 90mm
lenses as the field covered by the meter seems to change and to be bigger
when the focal increases. And that with all kind of situations:  back light,
front light side light.So that from now I'll have full faith in my M7
metering system. I was used to my Nikon F5 metering system, IMHO the more
sofisticated metering system ever built,  but, with a much more simple
technology results of the M7 do match.

Kinds regards

Felix

Replies: Reply from "Doug Lee" <drlee9@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] RE: M7)