Subject: Re: [Leica] How to make greeting cards with my photos?
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 13:19:07 +1000

>what's the best way to make greeting cards with my photos on them? is
>there some company that sells the cards that i can glue 4x6 or 5x7
>prints on the front of or something?

Helen is the expert here. She buys white card, cut to size, embosses
it with a "pen" like instrument to create "grooves" and glues the
image into the groove. Normally she likes to run the image over and
around the fold in the card: this requires stronger adhesive. If we
want to print something on the card, we do this in the inkjet prior
to "grooving" and gluing the image. Doesn't last forever, but its
cheap and quick and gives my images of flowers a "raison d'etre"

Cheers
- --
Alastair Firkin

http://www.afirkin.com