Subject: [Leica] RE: R8
From: Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:40:33 -0400

Felix:

An R8 refurbished, (AKA a demo) from Leica USA can be had for around US
$1,200 and that's with a 1 year warranty.

I have the 28-70 which was made by Sigma for Leica, I bought it used for
US $425 in April.

So your price might be a little high, at least by USA pricing.

I've only used the lens with two rolls of film, the slides look pretty
good but I haven't scanned any of them yet to see them "up close."

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com

- ---------------------------

 "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net> wrote:

Today I have been offered a truly mint chrome R8 with winder and Vario
Elmar
28-70 f1:3.5-4.5. Requested price is Euros 1.995 (nowadays 1euro is,
more
or less, 1 $) Is this a good offer? Finder seemed truly clear, but I
have
not an idea of this zoom quality. I shall thank any information about
this!

Kind regards

Felix