Subject: RE: [Leica] OT - film scanner Scanning Resolution.
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:36:20 -0700 (PDT)

The short answer is no there is no rule that has
worked for me. My experience with two scanners is that
it depends on the image.  I have a few images that
have to be scanned at the 4000PPI, 16X, single
(individual) CCD scanning setting to get any kind of
decent print at any size.  Most images seem fine at 1X
1200 PPI and then printed at about 300 DPI for an
8X10. DJ