Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS film and travel - NOW travel by Amtrak
From: "Mitch Zeissler" <zeissler@directvinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:14:32 -0700 (PDT)

> Just this morning mentioned to Mitch Zeissler that
I'm thinking of coming to
> Portland for the LHSA Annual Meeting and my meet with
> you, on the Empire Builder and returning home on the
Coast Starlight

Ah, he's a sly devil, that Seth...  ;-)

As I mentioned to Seth yesterday, I received a note
from my granddad earlier this week saying that even
with the less than perfect trip he and his SO had on
Amtrak this past May, they still enjoyed the trip as a
whole and hope to go on Amtrak again.  Also, just for
the record, other family members and I have also
traveled many times via Amtrak over the years, mostly
[not all, but mostly] with good experiences.

My best advice to anyone considering medium to long
distance travel with Amtrak is to be patient, have a
sense of humor and give yourself more leeway time than
you would with air travel regarding connection and
arrival destinations.

/Mitch