Subject: [Leica] film shavings inside my M6TTL
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 13:30:54 -0700 (PDT)

While in Boston this week I tried out some of the C41
B&W film by Kodak. After unloading the second role, I
noticed that there were little balls of film shavings
on the inside of the camera. They almost looked like
little balls of twine, but the savings were very thin
(thinner than a hair).  I managed to pick them out by
hand and load another role, but I would like to know
what caused this.

The camera is about two years old and not heavily
used.  It has no visible dust or grit inside it, nor
any rough spots. I suspect the shavings came from the
edge of the film (will know for sure in a few days
when I get the film back). Has anyone run into this
before? Could it be caused by improperly loading?  My
camera is a challenge to load with most
film...sometimes it slips right in, 90% of the time it
does not and requires flipping the back open and
lining up the perforations with the teeth by hand
(I've read all the posts on how easy M's are
load...well mine aren't). DJ