Subject: RE: [Leica] film and travel
From: John Bohner <johnbohner@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 22:37:33 -0700

The different levels of airport security still astounds me. I used to
travel across the USA with my trusty deer rifle with almost no problem from
officials. Then I flew LAX to Dulles and back with <tech speak> a
piezoelectric dynamic bearing preload controller.</tech speak> It pushes
ball bearings back and forth.  Six little tubes about 4 inches long,  2
wires comming out of each, x-rays looked cool to me, threatening to
security.  In retrospect I guess it DOES look a lot like blasting caps!
"what is it? why its a ....... of course!" that got me a visit with several
security managers who insisted I disassemble it on the spot. Hesitent they
asked if I had batteries with it.  Made my flight barely.

On a separate topic.  I like the idea of doing a LUG project on where we
live.  Now do I show the good part......or the bad.

John Bohner
I follow the digest so fast replies may not happen
"There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary systems
  and those that don't"