Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA Annual Meeting; half-price membership for new LUG members! Long
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 14:51:30 -0400

At 12:35 PM 7/28/02 EDT, SthRosner@aol.com wrote:
>I've just asked and received permission from Dick Gladden, LHSA president,
>announce to you all that LUG members not already LHSA members who attend the
>October annual meeting (early registration fee $55.) will receive their
first
>year of LHSA membership at half the normal rate, $25. rather than $50.
>Normally a new member's membership year begins at the time of joining; your
>first year will be through the end of 2003 and will include extra issues of
>VIEWFINDER and the Catalog and membership through the 2003 annual meeting!
>
>"our own Jim Lager"

>I know many of you are already LHSA members whom we hope to see in Portland.
>Mark Rabiner has been the arrangements and program chairman for this meeting
>and he has arranged a series of wonderful tours, shooting opportunities and
>social diversions, listed below for those interested. Mark and I both hope
>meet many new LUG members through this special offer.

Seth

Allow me to respond, and, please, I am doing so most gently and from my
heart.  Pray, do not blast me back.

a)  Why should existing LHSA members, without consultation, be penalized
for paying their full dues?

b)  When did Jim Lager join the LUG, and, if he IS here, why won't he
answer anyone's e-mail?

c)  I am a bit surprised that a Populist soul such as Mark Rabiner could
ever have been co-opted into the tight and exclusionary inner circle of the
Leica Historical Society of America but, then, more power to him though
this lad believes that he is being led astray to serve as yet another sad
victim of USian capitalism.  <he grins>

Marc

msmall@infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!