Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA Annual Meeting; half-price membership for new LUG members! L...
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 15:28:29 EDT

Reasonable questions, Marc:

In a message dated 7/28/02 2:54:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time, msmall@infi.net
writes:

> a)  Why should existing LHSA members, without consultation, be penalized
>  for paying their full dues?

Existing LHSA members are not penalized at all. They continue to get all of
the benefits of membership they always have. The reduced membership rate for
new members is to attract our friends on the LUG, folks who clearly have a
shared interest with other LHSA members, expose for them the benefits of
membership and make LHSA a stronger, broader-based and better organization.
The "without consultation" phrase is a nonsense throw-away. What would you
propose, submitting it to a referendum?

>  b)  When did Jim Lager join the LUG, and, if he IS here, why won't he
>  answer anyone's e-mail?

This may simply be my mistake. You are probably right; perhaps Jim is not on
the LUG. The rest of this of course I cannot answer. Assuming that he won't
answer "anyone's" e-mail. He answers mine. Even picks up the phone when I
call.

>  c)  I am a bit surprised that a Populist soul such as Mark Rabiner could
>  ever have been co-opted into the tight and exclusionary inner circle of the
>  Leica Historical Society of America

........this remark betrays a conclusion about the leadership of LHSA that I
do not share and that in my experience is false. I will let Mark Rabiner
respond for himself but for myself, a total "newbie" so far as they are
concerned (the "tight and exclusionary inner circle" of LHSA), if it ever
existed and it may have, it does not now. I am a good example of the contrary.

> but, then, more power to him though
>  this lad believes that he is being led astray to serve as yet another sad
>  victim of USian capitalism.  <he grins>

Perhaps you will tell us to what end poor Mark (Rabiner) is being led astray
and how and by whom you think that he will be victimized?

Thanks for your insights.

Seth          LaK 9

Replies: Reply from "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com> ([Leica] Re: LHSA Annual Meeting; half-price membership for new LUG members! L...)