Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA Annual Meeting; half-price membership for newLUG members! L...
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 20:59:25 -0700

What's wrong with old people?

I have belonged  to some organizations that have discounted membership fees
to attract new membership.   In all instances, the plan failed.  Members
brought in at a discount resented the second year increase and dropped out.

Existing members complained and felt unfairly treated.

The LHSA is a good organization from a cost benefit ratio at the present
rate of dues.

Roland Smith
Oakland, California