Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA Annual Meeting; half-price membership for newLUG members! L...
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 07:49:19 EDT

In a message dated 7/29/02 1:27:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time, mak@teleport.com
writes:

> I  agree with Marc and other elders. This has been handled rather poorly.
>  Rather than springing this on the LUG LHSA could/Should/Might have sent a
cc
>  to those of us in LHSA not  offering a thumbs up or down but just a hey
here
>  it what we are doing and here is what the benefit will be to LHSA and to
you
>  the LHSA member

Give me a break! The buck stops with me. I had this idea. Last Wednesday. I
called Dick Gladden to discuss it. Dick thought giving a big fat $25.
inducement to LUG members not yet LHSA members to attend the Portland meeting
and meet and mingle with present members would strengthen LHSA not only in
membership numbers and increased revenue that in turn would permit us to
improve even further our publications and meetings (photo shoots as well as
the annual), but also to bring "new blood" into our ranks and to broaden our
membership base.

Now with only two months remaining before the early October meeting, the two
Marc(k)s are saying this should have been referred to the full 2,000+
membership for approval or at least information. Cost of mailing? Cost of
delay?

What a wonderful understanding of the running of a volunteer membership
organization.

Seth                LaK 9