Subject: Re: [Leica] Demo Lens at Dealers
From: mak@teleport.com
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 10:17:54 -0700

Demo lenses traditionally have been used at shows or salesperson samples or
loaned to prospects. It has been said that Leica USA has, on occasion, finding
a few too many cameras or lenses and not wanting to cut prices opens a box or
two from time to time and calls them demos.

I have purchased demo lenses and never had any concern with them.

BTW my demo lenses came with 1 yr warranties rather than the passport...

Mark

A dealer just offered me a new demo lens for about $200 off regular
price. Said comes with USA  warrant and they get them from the
distributor. Do any of you have any insight into this practice? Are
these warranty returns that have been repaired and then sent to dealers
to sell as demos. I never got a straight answer out  of the dealer.