Subject: [Leica] Girlie Guy
From: Irving Greines <igreines@GMSR.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:13:31 -0700

This thread has prompted me to reflect on the imagery that has appeared in
Shutterbug over the years.

In my view, the quality of the photography generally appearing in Shutterbug
is woefully inadequate.  For the most part, again it's solely my opinion,
the photography has an amateurish quality unworthy of publication.  Often,
the models look like "kiddie porn" rejects, photographed without an iota of
glamour, sitting in unimaginative poses with sterile backgrounds. The
wedding photography is trite and boring.  The quality of reproduction is
poor.

The magazine used to be viewed as a great source for acquiring used
equipment.  However, now that the Internet has emerged as a significant
selling force, the size of Shutterbug's classified's has steadily
diminished. Its dealer display ads also seem to be diminishing.

I wonder what keeps that magazine afloat.  It's certainly not the quality of
the photography.

Replies: Reply from "SonC \(Sonny Carter\)" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Girlie Guy: answering Irving)