Subject: Re: [Leica] Demo Lens at Dealers
From: "inyoung@jps.net" <inyoung@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:14:36 -0400

Hello,

  Long time ago, I bought a DEMO 105-280 Vario-Elmar from a reputable
dealer.  The lens turned out to be a disaster with lots of internal
hair-line scratches.  I could not believe how much hair-line scratches one
or more internal elements had.  I had to return it for an exchange but was
offered a full refund later.  The dealer said that Leica changed its mind
to give me a refund rather than an exchange.  From then on, I do not
believe in demo.  I might have been biased since then.

Regards,
David