Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA Meetings. It's not just about cameras anymore.
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:11:30 -0700

Darrell Jennings wrote:

> Mark, not to pick on your comment, because I am not
> sure how you intended "real" to be interpreted here.
> But there is the crux of the issue...There are some
> that think digital prints are not "real" prints.
> Since silver and other wet dark room prints are
> chemical/mechanical process, it seems to me that any
> other chemical/mechanical process is just as "real".
> It would be an interesting topic for a Leica poll.
> How many of us think digital printing is just as
> "real" as wet darkroom printing?

The way i feel about it is Darkroom Printing is just as "real" and legit
as inkjet and any other computer stuff but I don't feel an image on my
computer screen is as "real" and legit as those prints on paper.
Or someone opening up their laptop to show me their "portfolio."
For me that does not cut it.

Pixels don't impress me. The beef is on paper.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from "Christopher Williams" <LeicaChris@worldnet.att.net> (Re: [Leica] LHSA Meetings. It's not just about cameras anymore.)