Subject: RE: [Leica] LHSA Annual Meeting; half-price membership for newLUG members! L....
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:07:47 -0400

First off, Steve, your labeling me a flaming leftist only indicates that you
must be far far far to the right of Ronald Reagan, because anyone who knows
me - and you do not - knows that I am, at best, an old-fashioned liberal
Democrat.

Bourgeois icons? I acquire 'stuff' along with the best of them.

As to my being a hypocrite because I own Leicas and make fun of those who
also own Leicas, but who obsess over them - I make fun of the obsession, not
the idea of owning and using Leicas.

I do not own and use Leicas because they are Leicas, I own and use them
because, as rangefinders, they best suit my needs as a photographer. The day
they stop suiting those needs is the day I get rid of all my Leica
equipment - and with the ever-improving quality of digital image capture,
that day is not far off.

And what, by the way, is your problem?

B. D.