Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 Summilux
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 18:02:09 -0700

Guys and gals,
Really on this testing and which is better, best and what will give the best
results have no relevance to the quality of the content! Ultimately the
quality impact of the photograph is what it's all about!.

Be the bokohee round or square, oblong lights and all the rest of this stuff
means diddly when it comes down to the impact of the photograph.

Maybe if you're shooting rocks, ferns and peeling paint, but in the real
world of photojournalism, which I believe much of those shooting PAWS is
kind of like, it's the impact! Not the sharpie lines etc.

So save your film and time, just go take pictures of moments that move you
to expose film and save the frustrations of which is better, best or igly!
Whatever, ugly! aspheric or straight up ordinary...., it still comes down to
what you put on film.

I mean, after all has anyone ever said about one of your pictures, "WOW!
Cool aspherical image!" I think not, as only people like us know what we're
talking about and pretty nearly any aspherical lens is only really
beneficial wide open to identical non aspheric focal length lens wide open.

Generally once one stops down a tad the difference is negligible or
non-existent!.  If you have a smashing good picture there isn't one twiddly
asph thing or non that's going to make it better.

It's the light, eyes, the action and that's the bottom line! Screw the rest!
:-) Go capture great moments with whatever lens you own.

ted