Subject: Re: [Leica] [leica] Roger Hicks and the 21+35+90 combo?
From: Tim Franklin <tim_franklin@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:59:23 +0100

on 26/7/02 10:03 pm, George Lottermoser at imagist@concentric.net wrote:

> Again I would add that if you're serious about your images, your vision, your
> working distance comfort level, your subject matter - price and bulk has much
> less to do with things than focal length, minimum focus distance and maximum
> aperture.

Yes of course George is right. That said, anyone who knows the writings of
Roger Hicks will be aware that he is dead against the idea of "gurus" in
photography.

For his style, the 21-35-90 combination works better than the old classic
35-50-90. That is all there is to it. I am certain that the man would be
appalled at the idea of anyone treating this as holy writ. As he would say
"what works for you, works for you".