Subject: [Leica] 135mm lenses for Leica M
From: "Mike Stoesz" <mstoesz@wyoming.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 20:25:36 -0600

Good evening and thanks to all members who have helped me research and
decide on a 135mm lens for my Leica M3.

I am in the process of acquiring a Hector and an Elmar and am sure I
will use and enjoy both.

In the meantime, this evening, I have acquired a 135mm f/4.5 Steinheil
Culminar.  Has anybody had experience with this lens?  I will be
testing it Thursday at our county fair livestock show.  How does it
compare with the other two lens choices?  How do its' characteristics
compare at 4.5 and stopped down a bit?

In another lucky event, I may be acquiring a Leica M1 in the near
future also.  I guess once they start breeding there is no end to how
many can fit in a camera bag.

thanks to all and best wishes, Mike