Subject: Re: [Leica] Millimeters and Milliseconds
From: "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 16:48:22 +0200

Tim, "become" is just a word I chose. The point is that it is now a
commodity in the way that steel is - it has a strategic value. The stakes
are a lot higher than the circulation of the local Daily Informer - which,
BTW, was a far closer approximation to a sort of Platonic ideal of "news"
(i.e. information about events) than what we get on the networks these days.

Silvio Berlusconi's manipulation of the media is an excellent case in point.
R.