Subject: [Leica] Small Leica M system for sale
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 12:21:03 EDT

I've made the transition to digital so I'm ready to part ways with the Leica
gear. As unlikely as this is I'd prefer to sell the whole set as one package
and have set what I hope will be an attractive asking price for the set.
I'll sell the entire package (everything listed below) for $3,500 -- a
savings of $500 over the individual prices. Otherwise, prices are as listed.

Also, please note you'll get in touch with me much faster by sending
inquiries to mceowen@aol.com rather than simply clicking reply. I only use
the bmceowen address for listserves but I check the mceowen address all the
time

I'll ship UPS ground or USPS Priority Mail within the U.S. 48 free on any
lens or the body. International shipping or expedited shipping will require a
little extra though. So without further ado, here's what I've got to offer .
. . :

Leica M4-P body (serial # 1587xxx) . . . . $850*
A definite "user" cosmetically but a true workhorse/champion mechanically.
Not quite ugly but close: The white "Leica" letting on the top cover is gone
(completely--not a trace to be found). There is significant brassing on the
ends of the body near the strap lugs (though it's currently covered with
black gaffer's tape). The paint around the outside edge of the back door is
probably 50-60 percent gone. There are 4-5 small pin size (and slightly
larger) dings on the top cover. The bottom plate is fairly scuffed up.
Overall, the black finish has a generally worn look and feel to it.
Mechanically, however, the camera is great. It received a complete Sherry
Krauter CLA about two years ago. It works great. In short, it's an excellent
shooter. It's not so ugly to be ashamed of but certainly has a look of
business about it. Includes a Nikon nylon strap mounted on Leica M hardware
(I may have a Leica strap lying around as well).

I've priced it just a tad higher than is probably completely fair but I'd
rather hold onto it until I get a couple of lenses sold. If you're buying a
lens or two I can come down a bit on the body.

LENSES:

Cosina 15mm f4.5 Aspherical w/ finder . . . . . $300*
This is the same lens as the Voigtlander Heliar but labeled Cosina. Black
finish. Excellent condition. Includes the bayonet mount adapter, caps and the
15mm finder.

Leica Elmarit-M 28mm f 2.8 (serial # 3793xxx) . . . . $1,200*
Excellent lens in Excellent condition. Perfect optics.  "Fourth version" with
46mm filter size. Includes rectangular hood.

Leitz Summicron-M 50mm f 2.0 (serial # 3261xxx) . . . . $600*
Made in Canada "Fifth Version" with focusing tab, removeable hood and 39mm
filter size. Excellent condition -- just the slightest finish wear where hood
attaches. Optics are perfect. Includes hood #12538 and Heliopan UV. A "SWEET"
lens!

Leitz Summicron-M 90mm f 2.0 (serial # 2813xxx) . . . . $750*
This is the 1980-81 compact Made in Canada version with the 49mm filters and
the retractable hood which covers the aperture ring when retracted. Nice
sharp lens. A little more finish wear than the other lenses but not by much.
I'd call it Excellent-minus. Includes box.

Leica 28mm brightline finder. Excellent condition . . . . . $200

Voigtlander 25mm brightline finder . . . . . . $100
Excellent-minus condition (only because someone tried to mark out the
lettering with a Sharpie).

* All my prices become much more negotiable if you're interested in a couple
of lenses or a body and lens. The more you buy the better deal I'll make.

Remember, you'll get in touch with me much faster by sending inquiries to
mceowen@aol.com rather than simply clicking reply.

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net> (Re: [Leica] Small Leica M system for sale)