Subject: RE: [Leica] WOW! [or Why-Oh-Why] my final response
From: bennett <3bennett@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 17:20:27 +0100

[snip]
>Instead, I'm thinking conspiracy theory.  I'm thinking the jury consisted of
>a bunch of Hermes hating fashion fanatics that wanted Leica global sales to
>tank because the M7 isn't available in chartreuse.
>/Mitch

Mitch,

I too was thinking conspiracy theory: maybe the dog the waterproof camera
was strapped to was Elmar, or Hektor, or Summirex, or whatever it is that
Barnack called his dog...

Honestly, I enjoyed the pictures (very much liked the underwater stuff) but
can't claim they were the best work I've seen. Color photography still
poses a problem for me, I admit, and I frankly can't think of a single
photographer working in color whose work I absolutely "love."

As usual, I enjoyed the various comments made on them, most notably the
ever-present "my baby sister makes bettah pichas tha that" and "I get 1000s
of shots just like those when I hit the shutter by mistake."

The latter group of people would obviuosly do well to submit their and
their baby sister's masterpieces to Leica for next year's contest.

Guy