Subject: RE: [Leica] WOW! [or Why-Oh-Why] my final response
From: "Mitch Zeissler" <zeissler@directvinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 14:36:15 -0400

BD...

> That said, I think it is damn good art photography and to the claim that
> these are artless snap shots, or photos a dog could take these photos with
> disposable camera strapped to its back - I say prove it. For that matter,
> show us that you can do it. It's summer. The beaches are crowded -get
> going.;-)

I just may take you up on that challenge!  <great huge grin>  ;-)

Let's see; got the big dog [check!], point n' shoot [check!] and duct tape
[check!].  I'll be close to the beach in about a week and a half, due to a
previously scheduled event.  Hmmm...  I might actually have fun slapping the
stuff together and doing this shoot!

The only problem I can see is the water we have in Ocean City, Maryland
isn't as clear as the water that was depicted in the underwater shots in
Australia; visibility here is about 6 to 8 inches in the surf, if that.  In
fact, I don't know of any clear ocean water above the Keys area in Florida,
so I beg a little leeway there.

Until I can do the shoot and post the results, you'll have to make do with
the image I posted here the other day:
http://members.aol.com/noctizeiss/private/index.htm
M6/135 APO, f/3.4 @ 1/500th, Portra 160 NC @ EV 100

Regards,