Subject: Re: [Leica] GeeBees' PAW Week 31
From: "geebeespaw" <geebeespaw@btopenworld.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 19:48:08 +0100

From: "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 03 August 2002 12:42

> excellent image Graham... the right moment,  full of drama .... please
give us the
> details, looks cropped out of a bigger picture, and do you have any other
interesting
> shots in this sequence.  Steve
>

> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/week_31.html

Steve,
Absolutely correct, huge crop. Imagine the neg lined horizontally and
vertically in thirds and what you see is the middle rectangle or to put it
another way, one ninth of the neg. I took two shots with the 35mm which was
the lens I had on as I approached and this was the second shot of two with
that lens. Yes I know, what kind of doofus shoots sports action with a 35mm
lens? Answer, this doofus. I switched to the 50mm Noctilux and got a little
closer for the next three shots and as a consequence these are about one
third of the neg. Yes I know, what kind of doofus uses a Noctilux in full
sun? Answer; this doofus. I do have a 90mm and a 135mm but I wanted a few
bankers in focus before I got ambitious.Then calamity, the exposure meter
'crapped out' (thanks Ted for the graphic description).  Although I have a
hand held meter in the bag and I am perfectly capable of getting acceptable
results in such circumstances with no meter at all, I stopped shooting? What
kind of doofus stops shooting when the pickings are so rich. Answer, this
doofus.To say I was depressed by the meter failure is an understatement
bordering on the supernatural. Right there, right then, I could have
cheerfully packed in photography and taken up croquet. The bad news for the
PAW haters is that I'm over it now :-)
All five pics in sequence are posted where I normally share pics with the
IRC crowd:

http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/previews.html

Graham
http://geebeephoto.com