Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: WOW!
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 12:27:42 -0700

Jim Brick wrote:

> Funny, all of my work is fine art 'scape, but I like this under
> exposed/pushed/high saturation/juxtapositioned subjects photography.
>
> I don't know why. I just do.
>
> Jim

I think the way experienced people work with transpareny film is go for
the saturation. Err on the side of under rather than overexposure.

I think it works like this:

If it looks good on a light table it's too light. Overexposed.

Stick it into a projector. There you see it's two light and an other one
you've bracketed a half stop under is right on the money.
This darker slide which projects the best will also be the one which
prints the best.

But for those of us who bracket the hell out of everything one of the
many advantages to that is you've got one lighter image for your page of
slides you'd put on a light table or hold up and look at. It looks perfect.

And the main slide which is for printing and projection.
Hopefully though one for projection and one for printing. Both the same density.

A good reason to have a Rapidwinder or winder.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Message from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] WOW!)