Subject: Re: [Leica] For anyone who still thinks that digital isn't really...
From: "Rei Shinozuka" <shino@panix.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 15:15:00 -0400 (EDT)

i think the total number of vipers is in the low 5 figures while they make
20,000-30,000 vettes a year (even more back in the 70's).

however, don't think vettes are not in demand.
i ordered my corvette convertible in early february 1998, and took delivery
september 14 of that year as an early 1999 model.

been a vette owner for 22 years, but i've got to admit the new vipers
look lighty sweet...

- -rei

> From: "James A. Gatlin" <jagatlin@attbi.com>
>
> Comparing inventories of  DX1s and M7s and drawing a conclusion about sales
> is like comparing sales of a Dodge Viper to a Corvette. New Vipers are
> relatively hard to find, and usually must be placed on order for a few
> months simply because they don't build very many of them... whereas... you
> can walk into most Chevy dealers and drive away in a new Vette in minutes.
> There are probably several thousand Vettes made for every one Viper made. I
> suspect the same is true for DX1s and M7s... I don't know for sure.. but I
> suspect that is the case.

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com
Ridgewood, New Jersey