Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW - Weeks 30 and 31 - Allan
From: Allan Wafkowski <allanwafkowski@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 05:39:57 -0400

>> week 30:
>>
>> http://photocritique.net/g/s?00izpn
>>
>> week 31:
>>
>> http://photocritique.net/g/s?00izon
>>
>> Allan
> Week 30 looks like an ad for colour film, a real eye catcher.
> Hardly fair dual posting anything with week 31, it was bound to eclipse
> any
> rivals. It looks more like a painting than the ones in week 30.
> Brilliant!
> An eerie surreal feel to it.
> If I had taken it, and I wish I had, I would spend forever ruing the
> missing
> left foot.
>
> Graham

Thanks for your comments, Graham; I appreciate them.  I've been
floundering. I enjoy your carefully colored, carefully composed shots
(and you can certainly count me among your supporters), but my attempts
at restrained purity of color and tone have not been successful. Only
recently have I discovered why: I'm an oaf. I don't think in restrained
colors nad tones. I gasp for breath from artistic excitement when I
encounter one of those overly colored 1930s post cards. If there happens
to be a misalignment of color registration, so much the better. These
two images mark the first time in a good while that I felt comfortable
about what I've posted. In the past few days I've been able to
articulate to myself that I like overly painted colors on photographs
because they take the image one step away from being, well... a
photograph, and become an impression.

The foot? I cut the foot off to imply the guy moving into the scene, but
I refuse to think about it!

Allan