Subject: Re: [Leica] Essence of where we live - Poolesville, Maryland
From: "Mitch Zeissler" <zeissler@directvinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 07:59:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 05 August 2002, Jim Hemenway wrote:
> Nice shots Mitch, I especially like Scan453_a
>
> I guess you're still in some sort of drought still, as it looks kind of
> dry there for Maryland.
>
> Jim

Jim...

Yup; we're still short of rain.  About 50 percent of the crops across the state
have failed this year due to the drought.  Hard for many to believe when much of
the surface flora is green, but that is the case.  Most aquifers are in terrible
shape; here in Poolesville, where we get all of the town water from wells, we
have been on voluntary water restrictions since the spring.

Regards,

/Mitch