Subject: Re: [Leica] Ted, tell us about...
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 08:30:53 -0700

Good morning Andrew,

>>> What was the Date for the shoot?<<<

June 8, 1984

>>How many images did they use of yours?<<<

Out of 100,000 shot by the whole crew......  1!  ;-)  That's life! :-)

Some side notes:

Every photographer received a Lowepro camera bag before we left. Lots of old
bags were dumped!

Every photographer received 20 rolls of KR 64

There was a big party the night before we left, bad move as there were some
"sore heads" ;-) ;-) not to mention bellies the next morning as some guys
had to leave for the airport at 5 a.m.

Some of the best experience was re-grouping in Toronto on June 9th with
everyone talking about how their shoot went. This went on until the wee
hours of the night/morning as people returned from across the country.

The outs were returned to the photographer as a souvenir of sorts.

You asked about it being an honour to be selected? It was, very much so. It
was an opportunity to shoot with some great photographers of the world.

ted

PS: another book for your collection.
If you do not have a copy of 75 Years of Leica Photography it's a must have
purely for it's inspiration and motivation.

It's a collection of photographs taken with a Leica and each photographer is
represented by one picture. That means everyone is equal, HCB has one, Ted
Grant has one and so it goes with everyone else. The variation of subject
matter is amazing and it's the variation that's inspiring because the
subjects are endless.

Any photographer worth his or her salt will be so cranked to get out and
shoot before they're half way through the book simply because it's like...
"Man I gotta get out of here and shoot!"

It's a wonderful learning tool! And if one is into Leica photography there
isn't any question, the book is a wonderful collection of Leica exposures.
ted

Replies: Reply from "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Ted, tell us about...)