Subject: RE: [Leica] For anyone who still thinks that digital isn't really...
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 13:35:22 -0400

At 11:13 AM 8/5/02 -0600, you wrote:

>Actually Tina, most of these kind of images are recoverable with the right
>software - they may well have still been on the card...

We tried all of the software that has been discussed on PhotoPro for
recovering images.  We did manage to retrieve 8 or 10 but the others came
up as too corrupt to retrieve.  When the same thing happened to her again,
Canon told her to just send the camera back.  No estimate of repair time.

I did use Digital Image Recovery to recover some corrupt digital files, but
they came back with an electric blue tint that was very difficult to
correct in PhotoShop.

>(anyone ever shot a roll on their M then realised they forgot to put the
>film in... or the leader didn't catch!)

Not when you remember to look at the rewind knob and be sure that it is
turning!!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com