Subject: RE: [Leica] For anyone who still thinks that digital isn't really...
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 12:48:11 -0600

> If you forget  to load the film, wouldn't you also forget to take the
> picture or forget to rewind it? The only way I know to load an M is to
> check the rewind knob when you advance to exposure I thought all M users
> did this.

If you're juggling cameras it can happen.

And if things are busy (i.e. a couple of cameras, fast moving crowd or
group, striking miners and riot cops, 30 cops launching a mounted horseback
charge...  etc it's easy not to check the rotating rewind...) I'm not saying
it's an everyday occurrence, but I can bet you many LUGGERS have done it!

If you are shooting nice and leisurely a la the Leica Dentist on vacation,
or working closely with a family in their home, sure, take the time to check
the rewind..

tim