Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW - Weeks 30 and 31 - Allan
From: Allan Wafkowski <allanwafkowski@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 16:21:10 -0400

On Monday, August 5, 2002, at 10:22 AM, Jeffery Smith wrote:
> I getting quite used to feeling the proverbial "kiss off, asshead" now
> that my skin has been thickened a bit. I stopped putting up PAW
> announcements on the LEG and LUG simply so I don't have to use that
> phrase. ;-)
>
> What film did you use?

One of our members recently made the observation in private email that
there are images that get posted that generate no interest to LUG
members, but if these very same images were posted with the name of the
latest trendy photog attached, there would be more traffic than that
generated by the infamous Tilley hat. I agree.

I understand how people might not know what to say about an image. There
are quite a few images that I appreciate but don't comment on for lack
of anything fruitful to say, but I think it takes not too much effort to
make superficial comments now and then in order to encourage the
photographer in his or her work.

The reason I still announce my PAWs on the LUG is because I like what
Brian is doing here, and I make an extra effort to educate his people in
the finer things of life, i.e., my photographs.

I bought a brick of Kodak EXB 100 Extra Color, and that's what I used.

Allan

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] PAW - Weeks 30 and 31 - Allan)