Subject: RE: [Leica] WAS:For anyone who still thinks that digital isn't really...WHO CARES!
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 13:15:38 -0400

I find it more than a little amusing that when threads go on for days and
days regarding scotch whiskey, hats, shoes, fountain pens, or myriad other
subjects with absolutely no connection to photography, no one says a word.
But when a discussion starts regarding digital photography and another brand
of camera, all the sudden thunder bolts crash from the heavens and we are
told that we are clogging up a Leica list about a subject that has no
interest to the people on the list.

Well, in the first place this is a Leica PHOTOGRAPHY list, and while Tilley
hats and single malt scotches have nothing to do with either Leicas or
photography, Nikon D1s have a great deal to do with photography. Second,
while the particular subject is of no interest to some members of the list,
it is a great deal of interest to others, particularly those who recognize
the impact that digital photography is having on photography today.

Clearly if all that was discussed here was digital photography in general -
and Leica does have a its own digital point and shoot out now, I would note,
so the subject is at least partially on topic - and/or Nikon digital cameras
in particular, I could understand the objection and the vehemence with which
it has been expressed. But given that apx. 4 of the last 30 posts have been
devoted to that subject, while a more have been devoted to the subject of
using cameras to get sex, I don't really understand what the problem is.

B. D.

Perplexed in Boston :-)