Subject: Re: [Leica] Dumb camera thieves - Now take it to the Lugforum
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 20:27:28 -0400

At 07:48 PM 8/6/02 -0400, Allan Wafkowski wrote:
>I thought in large part that had already taken place. The hushed secret
>that is really no secret at all is that Europe's culture has already
>been irreversibly altered by emigration. It can be argued whether that's
>good or bad, but it's hard to argue against what anyone can see with his
>eyes: parts of France look as much like Turkey as France. Same with
>England and Italy.  And since the birth rate of Europe is still
>declining, it's only a matter of mathematics before most of Europe's
>historical past becomes just that, history.

Heavens!  I trust that you have given your contribution to the "Martin
Bormann Decline of Western Civilization Fund"?  I have been told that you
are an officer in the "Kill the Immigrants" movement?  Is that true?

Alan, my folks got here before their were immigration standards, and thank
heavens for that, else no one would have had them.  But, we were here early
and in some strength and my ancestors let you guys in.  Be happy for that.

I am an advocate, a strong advocate, of open borders on immigration, caused
in large measure by my understanding that, 250 years back, no thinking
polity would ever have admitted my folks.  But they did, and we've sort of,
kind of, settled into the USian society.    To my knowledge, none of my
family have suffered the shame of being hounded back across that northern
border into the Dominion of Lost Causes.  <and he grins:  Canada has
magnificent micro-brew beers and, well, a few nice guys, and well ... Er,
Want to talk CIVILIZATION?  What about the Congo, or Lower Slobbovia, or
the Seventh Precinct of Patagonia?  People live there, so these must be real.>

Marc

msmall@infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Replies: Reply from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net> (Re: [Leica] Dumb camera thieves - Now take it to the Lugforum)