Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Deardorff
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 20:05:00 -0700

Don't even think about it for critical work, never mind to practice
with. All my experience with those films have found them to have very
poor latitude. The mid range is just about non existent, for want of a
better description. It doesn't push well either.
I was just in there today, and I walked out empty handed. They are a
pale shadow of their better days. The old man is now gone, and a younger
family member has taken it over. Ostensibly to turn around the low
profits, but certainly looking more like the usual generational lack of
understanding the customer base. The parking lot was near empty, whereas
in the past I would have to park in the street. The grey lab coats that
the hired help wore didn't help overcome their poor product knowledge.
If they are open another year, I will be very surprised.
I would caution anyone shopping there for a 'deal' anymore.
I still the 5x7 Cambo if anyone is interested, with a 4x5 reducing back.
Slobodan Dimitrov