Subject: RE: [Leica] Dumb camera thieves
From: "Sam Krneta" <skrneta@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 06:31:10 -0500

Johan,

That may very well be the truth but my personal experience doesn't
reflect those facts. I have never been a victim of a violent crime in
the USA yet in Europe I have had the pleasure of an attempted pick
pocket, a scam that cost me $200, and at least 3 other near scams that I
avoided. So you can quote all the statistics you want but in this case
they don't mean a thing. I'd say I spend on average 3 weeks in Europe a
year, not every year but on average. The rest of the time I live in the
good old USA. Maybe I have a bulls-eye painted on my back or maybe it's
when traveling in the US I don't have a camera around my neck and a bag
around my shoulder unless I'm vacationing here. And lastly my statement
was in no way meant to shed any bad light on Europe my friend. As I said
earlier, if I had a choice of places to live the European Continent
would be it. Unfortunately I don't see me making money there in my
chosen, more like given, profession. Don't be so sensitive.

Sam Krneta