Subject: RE: [Leica] Steve Unsworth PAW week 31
From: "Daniel Ridings" <dlridings@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 17:14:19 +0200

>Isn't it strange that after 31 weeks of posting PAWs this comes up the
>first time I use a telephoto lens :-) My rule is that if anyone
>indicates that they don't want their photo taken, I don't take it.

I agree, Steve ... I even try and make eye-contact and exchange a couple of
words many times.

I was just thinking of the article I read in the magazine, nothing else. The
particular article made a pretty big deal of France' new law (at the time)
and pointed out that Cartier-Bresson would have been hampered by it. The
article was accompanied by photographers the writer took a week or so before
the new law kicked in.

Deep down ... I think it had something to do with journalists uncovering
some smut on one of the politicians and the law was just a way to try and
avoid that in the future. I doubt that the general public even knows about
it, much less cares.

Take care!
Daniel