Subject: Re: [Leica] For anyone who still thinks that digital isn't really...
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 18:07:02 -0700 (PDT)

Good questions. Probably visiting
www.danburkholder.com would do a better job of
answering than I could, but at least one reason for a
digital negative is to enable you to print small or
medium format onto platinum or other traditionally
contact printable only medium.  By digital negative,
what he is doing is printing a negative rather than a
print from his Epson printers. So the negative is
actually ink onto transparancy or in some cases opaque
materials.

Dan has written a book that you can buy off his web
site that explains a lot and also is useful in general
digital work. DJ
- --- "Dr. Tim Perdian, D.C."