Subject: [Leica] rubber Leica hood (11250)
From: CHARLES STIRK JR C <ccstirkjr@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 15:06:36 -0700 (PDT)

The rubber Leica hood (11250) is aprox 26 mm and 57 wide

Chuck

I just purchased a B&W collapsible rubber hood with 39mm
thread
for my 90mm
f2.8 Tele-Elmarit ($15 from B&H). It's front diameter is
61mm
and it
extends 27mm from the front of the lens' filter ring.
Doesn't
occlude the
frame lines on my M3.

Would one of you that has the rubber Leica hood (11250) be
so
kind as to
measure it and tell me how it compares? The B&W looks like
it
will do the
job for me, although it collapses much easier and is softer
than
the Nikon
hoods I'm used to. Now I need to find a 39mm snap cap that
will
stay on...

Neal         AndersonNF@ncsc.navy.mil