Subject: Re: [Leica] photo opportunity / beer festivals
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 16:09:51 +0200

Ted Grant wrote:

> Aaaaahhh but Neil, the way to do this is shoot like crazy everything moving
> for the first half hour of the day / evening.... put cameras away.... sit
> back and play! :-)
>
> Then it doesn't matter because you've got all the neat stuff in the can
> before you get ... well you know what I mean! ;-)
>
> The best beer bash I've ever attended for photos and of course a litre or
> two, ;-) is the Munich Oktoberfest in Germany!! Great picture opportunites
> and people who are truly interested in having a good time ! :-)
> ted

...which gives me the opportunity to re-advertise my Week 40 PAWs from last
year (my main page has a link to my 2001 PAWs), when I had managed to arrange a
business trip to Munich during Oktoberfest. I did shoot a couple of rolls
before getting into the beer drinking, but in the end even my late efforts were
pretty good. When you are used to Belgian beers, then the stuff they serve at
Oktoberfest affects the bladder far more than the brain.

But Ted is right, Oktoberfest was one of the best opportunities for people
photography I have ever experienced.

Nathan
- --
Nathan Wajsman