Subject: Re: [Leica] 24mm viewfinder SHOE
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 22:21:27 +0200

>Thanks for sharing your idea.
>Did you attach the velcro on the hot shoe of your
>Leica and how do you align it with the viewfinder. I
>would imagine the viewfinder attached with velcro on
>the camera will get misaligned fairly easily when one
>inadvertently knocks it around.

I put the Velcro just left of the accesory shoe (and left of that I
have a bull's eye type spirit level glued on   ---  some Leica
fanatics may shudder if they wish, but it is real handy). There is no
problem with aligning the _Velcro_ when you put it on to the camera.
The problem (minor) is when you when you put the Velcro-ed finder
against the Velcro on the M6. There is usually a little bit of leeway
in the Velcro, and if you feel you did not get it straight, just
twist a bit and then press firmly. If you need to make absolutely
sure the viewfinder is straight, then look at a symmetric object,
like a building with many windows and get one window in the middle of
the built in finder, then adjust your your 21-24-28 mm finder
correspondingly.

The velcroed viewfinder gets misaligned every time I put the camera
in the bag, but generally not while shooting. It is easy and quick to
realign it to  _near_  perfect

But I would try gluing first. And then I would make sure I got best
quality Velcro with little lee-way.