Subject: FW: [Leica] OT: photojournalism
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 21:07:19 -0400

Best advice I ever got was to find the stories  I care about and then shoot them like
there's no tomorrow. No worries about "market" and "sales," at least until after the
job is done.

This is what brings photojournalism/documentary photography closer to the realm of
expressive art, where it belongs IMHO.

If the game is intended to deliver financial rewards, there are other brands of
photography to be pursued. And call your work thus too.

Think of Koudelka's Gypsies: do you imagine he soused out a market first? Was
sponsored by some evangelical crew? Yet his project will be eternal.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal