Subject: [Leica] Rapid Winder
From: "Jay Burleson" <jayburleson@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:25:11 -0700

I’m a little late in reporting, but it’s been a really busy month.

Last year, John Collier posted a message stating he had a “spare”
RapidWinder that he would send out to ANYONE who wanted to use it.

Well, in July, I was the first on the list for the US journey.

When I opened the box, I first thought about complaining, ‘cause it was
the wrong color (chrome) and didn’t match my black M6.

Nevertheless, I shortly got over that. ;)

Looking at the RapidWinder, I found it to be built better that the LUG
posts in the past have stated. One plus for it.

It is a superb piece of equipment, proudly marked “Made in Canada”. Or
maybe it was “Hecho en Canadá”, I forget. ;)

After putting it on the camera, I felt that it had a better “feel” than
the Leica motor winder. I think the side-to-side balance was better,
since there are no heavy batteries in it. Another plus.

In use, after a little “dry firing” to get used to how it worked, I
found that it was very easy to work with. No ker-chunk like the motor
winder, just a smooth pull on the trigger and it was ready to go.

All in all, I really liked it. Thought about keeping it, in fact…

If you need fast winding, and are NOT using a tripod (that’s the only
drawback I personally have with it), it’s the bee’s knees.

HYPERLINK "http://www.rapidwinder.com/"http://www.rapidwinder.com/

Thank you kindly, John!

Jay Burleson

"Truth is like nudity: It is on occasion indispensable,

but it is dangerous and should not be displayed openly."

Anonymous

HYPERLINK "http://www.jayburleson.com/"www.jayburleson.com

- ---