Subject: RE: [Leica] PAW #7 - Bench (International Chainsaw Sculpture Festival)
From: "Thomas Mitchell" <thomasmitchell1@qwest.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:47:02 -0700

Hello Jeffrey,

When I took that shot, it was because I was reminded of the Winogrand bench
shot.  The only issue was that his was filled mostly with attractive young
women and I got...

The t-shirt slogan was an unforeseen extra that I didn't notice until I
scanned the negatives.  Here's something else kind of funny from the
Chainsaw Sculpture Festival:

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=942820&size=lg

I wonder what those guys are looking for??

I often go surfing near the town that has the Chainsaw Festival every year
so the wife and I decided to stop by between morning and evening surfing
sessions a couple weeks ago.  It was really a lot of fun and the food was
great.  A better street photographer than me would have had a field day as
subject matter was everywhere.  I'll even probably have to put up a
dedicated folder since I took 3 rolls myself...

Best,

Thomas