Subject: Re: [Leica] Arizona..(where we live)
From: "Rei Shinozuka" <shino@panix.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 07:13:41 -0400 (EDT)

i worked for motorola. they got a big plant in tempe.  i was in the
moribund  micro computer division, which made 68K and 88K-based VME-board
and turnkey UNIX systems.   another job i had was working for a small
reservations system company what used pyramid UNIX transaction processing
systems; this was mainly interesting because our offices were right in the
middle of the north pointe resort! i also worked for status computers as their
UNIX guy, and frequented the many data centers in and around phoenix
for citibank and amex.  because of phoenix's sunny weather x 365, it
hosts a large number of data centers, operations centers and disaster recovery
centers.  but data processing isn't really what i do, so i eventually took
off for professional reasons.

the people were just great; laid-back and friendly.  they thought i was
an amusing tight-assed new yorker.  they were on to something...

i wish i had taken more photographs when i lived there.  i bought my first
m6 back then, and i also had a hasselblad and a couple of nikons.  but it
tough to motivate myself to get out; it was just so damned hot ! :-)
also i was living in an apartment at that time without a darkroom, and i
find that having a darkroom always motivated me to shoot more.
travelling north a couple of hours was always fun, sedona and oak creek
canyon were much cooler and very beautiful.  for whatever reason, i never
made it down to tucson in the 2 years i lived in AZ.

- -rei

> From: "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net>
>
> probably a lot more people here now..as development and growth  has been extreme in that
> period of time.   what did you do here? thank you sir for your comments. Steve

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com
Ridgewood, New Jersey

Replies: Reply from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net> (Re: [Leica] Arizona..(where we live))