Subject: Re: [Leica] eggleston
From: Pablo Kolodny <pablokolodny@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:42:12 -0300

Rob Appleby wrote:

> I love Eggleston (well we love each other, actually) and while this is a
> really nice picture, the one thing about it that seems Egglestonian to me is
> the colour. It's too dramatic - it doesn't really fit my idea of his work.
> Which is probably a good thing. Whereas it would fit right into Bee Flower's
> paradigm, I think.
>
> That said, I like it a lot.
>
> These days I find myself liking mainly pictures I wouldn't have taken (or
> wouldn't have been able to take) myself.
>
> R.

Hi Rob,

Eggleston is quite weird to me. Sometimes I like a lot his work, others I
dislike it. Maybe that's what he's aiming to. Anyway his images are always
well done, technically superb... well maybe what it bothers me of his work
is the way the subject looks, or just the subjects or whatever else. But I
feel he's a very good photographer despite of my personal tastes. Some
social or sociologist thing in there is well treated.

regards

Pablo