Subject: Re: [Leica] Am I really doing this
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 22:54:43 -0400

At 07:41 PM 8/15/02 -0400, you wrote:

>If all goes as planned - BIG IF - Chubby and I will be picked up  by one
>of three 12 passenger vans which, having begun their trip in Queens, NY,
>will travel through the night toward Columbia, South Carolina, for the
>first reunion of members of the Bracy family, a clan of black Americans
>who have traced their roots back to about 1800 and a slave/witch doctor
>on a plantation outside Columbia.
>

>B. D.

Well, B.D., if you are still around, I am just a few miles from
Columbia.  Two of my children live there - one of whom is married to a
university professor whose specialty is slave life in the time of the War
of Northern Aggression.   He is British so I'm sure that's not the term he
uses; however, it is the proper name for that particular conflict here in
the South.  Mark has written several books on the topic and I'm sure would
love to meet you.

If there is any way for you to stop by Rock Hill - surely you will be
driving on I77 between Charlotte and Columbia? -  you are welcome to come
by for a meal, bed, Scotch, or whatever.  We are half-way between Charlotte
and Columbia.

Give me a call!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP