Subject: Re: [Leica] the sob and the idiot, an eBay story
From: Pablo Kolodny <pablokolodny@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:28:16 -0300

Austin Franklin wrote:

> Hi Pablo,
>
> Sorry to hear about your troubles...but perhaps the seller didn't know it
> wasn't correct.  That certainly isn't any excuse for him ignoring you
> though!
>
> Regards, and I hope it ends up working out for you,
>
> Austin

Hi Austin,

thanks for your sentiments.
I'm not blaming the seller for knowing, ignoring or whatever else on the
item he was selling but for the lack of response, reaction when I sent more
than three polite messages to him telling what happened and asking him to
have my money back. I didn't see anything like the item would sold out at
"AS IS". Then it was supposed it should work properly, no ?

Now I think the best would happen is to sell it away to some collector
regardless the non working condition. Cosmetically is like new but it got
window panes instead of original glasses. A shame, a pain...
Or maybe some one else really knows how to fix it.
As Dante suggested it'd be great and easy to replace with real optic 0.7 x
glasses but parallax correction is an issue. I don't think I can deal with
it. Or I'd rather not deal with it.

Pablo