Subject: Visoflex I and Hektor 125mm as Macro lens, was Re: [Leica] the sob and the idiot, an eBay story
From: Dr.Alexander.Kraus@gmx.de
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 22:10:44 +0200 (MEST)

Hi Henry,
there are so many photo related newsgroups that I just haven' enough time to
frequently post messages. Most the time I just read LUG. As far as the Telyt
4.8/280mm is concerned, I can assure you that I'm still using this lens -
and I love it :-)
However, I have to admit that I haven't used it in the last couple of weeks
since I focussed my photographic work mostly on marco stuff. Yesterday for
instance, I visited a closeby moorland area at sunrise time. It was beautiful -
patches of fog were slowly disappearing and were lots of dew covered
spiders, spider nets and flowers. I used my M6 with a Visoflex I and a Hektor 125mm
together with an extention ring. It is not really a macro lens, but I just
wanted to to see how it performs. Wide open it is rather soft, but stopped down
to f:8 or so it gets rather crisp. Under backlight conditions however, it is
rather flare prone (probably due to some slight internal haze. Overall I am
pretty satisfied with this lens, though next time I will probably use the
Tele-Elmar 135mm head. As portret lens it is really great!
The Visoflex I with 45° finder is really nice for working near the ground
level. I was also surprised when I got the Viso I that it was much brighter
than my Viso III before I modified it (I reported on this).
Regards,
Alex

http://www.gmx.net